12/Oct/2021 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Spark Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Spark questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Spark questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for Apache Spark. You must know the answers of these frequently asked Spark interview questions to clear the interview.
1. What is Apache Spark? Explain it's usage.
Apache Spark is an open-source analytics engine which provides a unified interface for processing large-scale data. It offers many high-level APIs in SQL, R, Python and Java. Apache Spark provides many libraries and tools such as GraphX for graph processing, MLlib for machine learning, Spark SQL for SQL data processing and Structural Streaming for stream processing. For more visit Apache Spark.
2. Explain Job, Stage and Task in Spark.
.filterthat applies to a single partition.
3. Explain about Shared Variables and its types.
4. Explain RDD, Dataframe and DataSet in Apache Spark.
5. How will you differentiate groupByKey and reduceByKey in spark?
6. In which file format spark save the files?
7. How will you differentiate coalesce and repartition?
8. Differentiate map and flatmap.
9. Spark configuration related questions.
There may be many questions related to spark configuration. For more about spark configuration visit Spark Configuration.
10. What are the parameters which are passed to launch the applications with
For more visit spark submit command.
11. What happens when you enter the spark submit command?
12. How does a spark worker execute a jar file?
13. Explain the broadcast join.
14. Explain some performance optimization techniques in Spark.
15. Explain the memory management in Spark.
1. How much will you rate yourself in Spark?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Spark, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Spark.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Spark?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Spark in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Spark?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Spark in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Spark?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Spark.
5. Have you done any Spark Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Spark training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Spark Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Spark Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Spark Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Spark questions, we will update the same here.