22/Oct/2020 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential DevOps Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these DevOps questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These questions are targeted for DevOps Professionals. You must know the answers of these frequently asked DevOps questions to clear the interview.
1. What is DevOps?
DevOps, A combination of Development (Dev) and Operations (Ops) is a set of practices, people and technology that aims:
2. What are the Benefits of DevOps?
DevOps culture comes with many benefits as below.
2. Explain some common DevOps practices?
Teams implement certain DevOps Practices throughout application life cycle to improve productivity, customer satisfaction etc.
2. What are the different type of Deployment Strategies available?
3. What are the DevOps phases or DevOps life cycle?
4. What kind of DevOps tools you have been worked on? Explain some of them.
5. What cloud technology you have worked on?
6. What is the difference between redirect 302 and 301?
7. Explain deployment strategies.
8. How to automate a deployment pipeline?
9. What is the use of Load Balancer?
10. Explain about SDLC phases.
11. Explain CI/CD Pipeline.
12. What is scheduling?
13. What is VPC?
14. What is Jenkins?
15. What is Puppet?
16. What is Ansible?
17. What is Git?
18. What is the meaning of 10.0.0.0/8?
19. 10.0.0.0/16 what does this mean?
20. How DNS works?
21. Explain what happens in all layers of OSI when URL is entered on the browser?
22. How a system forks a child?
23. Explain SSH and SFTP.
1. How much will you rate your self in DevOps?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate your self in specific Technology like DevOps, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in DevOps.
2. What challenges did you face while working on DevOps?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to DevOps in your Project.
3. What was your role in last Project related to DevOps?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using DevOps in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in DevOps?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on DevOps.
5. Have you done any DevOps Certification or Training?
It's depend on candidate like you have done any DevOps training or certification. Certifications or trainings are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked DevOps Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential DevOps Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any DevOps Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on portal. In case if we find any new DevOps questions, we will update the same here.