27/Oct/2021 | 12 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Cassandra Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Cassandra questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Cassandra questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for a Cassandra database developer. You must know the answers of these frequently asked Cassandra database questions to clear your next Job interview.
1. What is Cassandra?
Apache Cassandra is free, open-source and NoSQL database management system. It's a wide column store, distributed database system that handles large amount of
data with scalability, high availability and no single point of failure. It's a right choice when you want high availability and scalability without impacting the performance.
Cassandra provides best support for replicating across multiple datacenters.
2. How NoSQL is different from RDBMS?
For NoSQL DB we have listed a separate document NoSQL DB Interview Questions that's covering all basic questions of NoSQL databases like advantages, disadvantages, comparison with RDBMS , different types of NoSQL databases etc.
3. List some key features of Cassandra.
4. What are the data storage units in Cassandra?
5. What guarantees does Cassandra make?
For more visit this Cassandra Guarantees
6. What are CQL (Cassandra Query Language)?
7. What are the advantages and disadvantages of Cassandra?
8. What are the different components of Cassandra?
9. How CQL allows users to organize the data?
10. What is Memtables?
11. What is SSTables?
12. What is Replication in Cassandra?
13. What is Transient Replication?
14. What is cassandra.yaml file?
15. What is data Versioning?
16. What is Tunable Consistency?
17. Explain CAP.
1. How much will you rate yourself in Cassandra?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Cassandra, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Cassandra.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Cassandra?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Cassandra in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Cassandra?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Cassandra in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Cassandra?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Cassandra.
5. Have you done any Cassandra Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Cassandra training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Cassandra Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Cassandra Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Cassandra Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Cassandra questions, we will update the same here.