07/Jul/2021 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Kubernetes Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Kubernetes questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Kubernetes questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These Kubernetes interview questions are compiled from the most frequently asked list by DevOps engineers, which may be asked in your next interview. You must know the answers of these Kubernetes interview questions to clear an interview.
1. What is Kubernetes (K8s) or 'k8 s' or 'k-eights'?
Kubernetes is an orchestration platform that is open source, extensible, portable and has the capability for automatic deployment, scaling and management of containerized
services and applications. The Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) hosted this open source project. It's also called K8s setup.
With the help of Kubernetes you can build, deliver and scale the containerized applications faster, sometimes it's referred to as 'k8 s' or 'k-eights'.
2. What are the K8s components?
3. What's the difference between Docker Compose, Docker Swarn and Kubernetes.
4. How to create K8s cluster?
5. What's the difference between Google's Kubernetes and Apache's Mesos.
6. What is MicroK8s?
7. How to expose MicroK8s containers so that you connect them from other machine?
8. What's the difference between Kubernetes and CloudFoundry?
9. How to force Kubernetes to re-pull an image?
10. What's the difference between Kubernetes Deployments and StatefulSets?
11. What's the difference between Kubernetes Controller and Kubernetes Operator?
12. Explain ETCD?
13. What is kubectl command in Kubernetes?
14. What is the pod in Kubernetes?
15. How to restart pods when configmap updates in Kubernetes?
16. What do you understand by targetPort and port in Kubernetes Service definition?
17. How will you keep a container running on Kubernetes?
18. How to do an infinite sleep (infinite blocking)?
19. How to trigger a Kubernetes Scheduled Job manually for testing purpose?
20. How to share secrets across namespaces in Kubernetes?
21. How to get YAML file for deployed Kubernetes services?
22. How to sort kubernetes pods? Or How to get recently created pods list?
23. What's the difference between Kubernetes Secrets and ConfigMaps?
24. How will you setup a local development environment for Kubernetes?
25. How to disable a cronjob in Kubernetes?
26. How will you access a Kubernetes api from within a pod container?
27. How will you sign in kubernetes dashboard?
1. How much will you rate yourself in Kubernetes?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Kubernetes, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Kubernetes.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Kubernetes?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Kubernetes in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Kubernetes?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Kubernetes in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Kubernetes?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Kubernetes.
5. Have you done any Kubernetes Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Kubernetes training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Kubernetes Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Kubernetes Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Kubernetes Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Kubernetes questions, we will update the same here.