07/Jul/2020 | 10 minutes to read
QFLES is listing some Essential Cosmos DB Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals prepared by Industry Experts. All answers for these Cosmos DB interview questions are given based on standard documents and tried to explain in simple and easiest way.
1. Explain the differences between NoSQL and relational databases.
There are two types of database systems are implemented Relational and NoSQL. There are lot of differences in these systems.
2. What is Cosmos DB?
Azure Cosmos DB is a multi model database service by Microsoft, that is globally distributed. It provides the capability of scale the throughput and storage
across any number of azure regions with a single button click. You can manage and access the data using your favorite API including (MongoDB, SQL, Cassandra, Tables, Gremlin).
Cosmos DB provides some SLA (service level agreements) for consistency guarantee, throughput, availability and latency.
3. Explain the common use cases for Azure Cosmos DB.
Azure Cosmos DB is a good choice for any Mobile, Web, Gaming or IOT applications that needs:
4. How does Azure Cosmos DB provide predictable performance?
5. What do you think about HIPAA compliances for Azure Cosmos DB ?
6. Is there any storage limit of Cosmos DB?
7. Can I use multiple APIs to access the data in Cosmos DB?
8. How does Cosmos DB provide support for various data models like key/value, columnar, document and graph?
9. How does Cosmos DB cost is calculated?
10. Explain the throughput.
11. Describe the throughput limits of Azure Cosmos DB.
12. Does Azure Cosmos DB provide free account?
Some General Interview Questions for Cosmos DB:
1. How much will you rate your self in Cosmos DB?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate your self in specific Technology like Cosmos DB, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Cosmos DB.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Cosmos DB?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Cosmos DB in your Project.
3. What was your role in last Project related to Cosmos DB?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Cosmos DB in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Cosmos DB?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Cosmos DB.
5. Have you done any Cosmos DB Certification or Training?
It's depend on candidate like you have done any Cosmos DB training or certification. Certifications or trainings are not essential but good to have.
Conclusion:We have covered some frequently asked Cosmos DB Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Cosmos DB Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.