28/Nov/2020 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential R Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these R questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These questions are targeted for R Programming Language or R for Data Science. You must know the answers of these frequently asked R interview questions to clear the interview.
1. Explain R programming language.
2. Differentiate R vs Python.
3. What is Global variables in R?
4. Explain Recursive function with an example in R.
5. How to return multiple values in R?
6. What is infix operators in R? How does they work?
7. Explain different data structure in R.
8. What is the difference between Matrix and Data frame?
9. What is data frame in R?
10. How to check if a variable is a data frame or not?
11. Explain DataFrame Operations in R.
12. What is factors in R?
13. What is three class systems in R?
14. What is S3 class in R?
15. What is S4 class in R?
16. What is Reference class in R?
17. Explain Inheritance in R?
18. Differentiate S3 vs S4 vs Reference class.
19. What is Object?
Code example 1 - For below code, you have a data.frame
df <- data.frame(a=c(1, 2, 3), b=c(4, 5, 6), c(7, 8, 9))
20. How to select the c(4, 5, 6) in code example 1?
21. How to select the 1 in code example 1?
22. How to select the 5 in code example 1?
23. What is the value of
df[, 3] in code example 1?
24. What is the value of
df[1,] in code example 1?
25. What is the value of
df[2, 2] in code example 1?
1. How much will you rate your self in R?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate your self in specific Technology like R, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in R.
2. What challenges did you face while working on R?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to R in your Project.
3. What was your role in last Project related to R?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using R in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in R?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on R.
5. Have you done any R Certification or Training?
It's depend on candidate like you have done any R training or certification. Certifications or trainings are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked R Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential R Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any R Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on portal. In case if we find any new R questions, we will update the same here.