20/Oct/2020 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Ansible Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Ansible questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These questions are targeted for Ansible tool used for application deployment and configuration management. You must know the answers of these frequently asked Ansible questions to clear the interview.
1. What is Ansible?
Ansible is an open-source software configuration management and application deployment tool that provides the capabilities to automate the tasks like cloud provisioning, application deployment, configuration management and continuous delivery. Ansible has capability to setup infrastructure as a code.
2. How to create a directory using Ansible?
3. Describe different Ansible components.
4. How to pass a variable to ansible playbook in the command line?
5. How to safely limit Ansible playbooks to a single machine?
6. Differentiate Ansible Playbooks vs Roles.
7. How to automatically install Ansible Galaxy roles?
8. How to ignore SSH authenticity checking in ansible?
9. How to run only one task in ansible playbook?
10. How to move or rename a file using an Ansible task on a remote system?
11. How to write multiple line shell script in Ansible?
12. What syntax Ansible playbooks use?
Ansible use YAML syntax in it's playbooks.
13. How to copy multiple files into remote nodes by Ansible in a task?
14. How to delete files and folders inside a directory in Ansible?
15. How to get the name of the user running ansible?
16. How to set a variable to file content in Ansible?
17. How to get the list of Ansible pre-defined variables?
18. How to access local environment variables in Ansible?
19. How to get logs of Ansible Playbook module executions?
20. How to stop Ansible from creating
.retry files in the home directory?
21. What is Ansible Tower?
22. How will you run a task in Ansible when variable is undefined?
23. How will you get the host name of current machine as defined in hosts file?
1. How much will you rate your self in Ansible?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate your self in specific Technology like Ansible, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Ansible.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Ansible?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Ansible in your Project.
3. What was your role in last Project related to Ansible?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Ansible in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Ansible?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Ansible.
5. Have you done any Ansible Certification or Training?
It's depend on candidate like you have done any Ansible training or certification. Certifications or trainings are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Ansible Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Ansible Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Ansible Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on portal. In case if we find any new Ansible questions, we will update the same here.