05/Jul/2021 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Network Engineer Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Network Engineer questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Network Engineer questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for a Network Engineer. You must know the answers of these frequently Network Engineer interview questions to clear a Network Engineer Job interview.
1. Explain Route Reflector and Load Balancing.
2. What protocols are used in networking?
3. What is H.323?
4. What are the types of IP classes?
5. What protocol is used in Networking Layer?
6. What are the MAC addresses?
7. What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6?
8. How to take backup of 1841 IOS CISCO router?
9. What is a SYN flood attack?
10. How the global traffic manager works?
11. What is Carrier Sense Multiple Access / Collision Detection (CSMA/CD)?
12. Explain VLAN ranges.
13. What is Default VLAN?
14. Explain the process of communication between two VLANs.
15. What are the Trunk Modes?
16. How does transmission happen from Network to Transport Layer?
17. What are the states of STP?
18. How to configure trunk port between two switches?
19. What is FC (Feasible Condition)?
20. What is FD and AD?
21. How to find subnet mask of IP?
22. What is SSID?
23. Explain VTP (VLAN Trunk Protocol).
24. Explain different VTP modes.
25. What is channels overlapping in the 5GHz?
26. What is channels overlapping in the 2.5GHz?
27. Explain Maximum Segment Size (MSS)?
28. What is EIGRP? Explain EIGRP metric.
29. How Packet travels from source to destination?
30. What is RAN (Radio Access Network)?
1. How much will you rate yourself in Network Engineer?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Network Engineer, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Network Engineer.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Network Engineer?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Network Engineer in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Network Engineer?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Network Engineer in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Network Engineer?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Network Engineer.
5. Have you done any Network Engineer Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Network Engineer training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Network Engineer Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Network Engineer Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Network Engineer Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Network Engineer questions, we will update the same here.