03/Dec/2020 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Azure Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Azure questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Azure questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for a Microsoft Azure Cloud Engineer, Developer or an Architect. You must know the answers of these frequently asked Azure interview questions to clear the Azure Cloud Job interview. For common cloud questions we have a separate document - Common Cloud Interview Questions
1. What is Microsoft Azure?
Microsoft Azure or simply referred to as Azure is a Microsoft operated cloud computing service or platform which helps you to
build, manage and deploy the applications with your preferred language, framework and infrastructure anywhere anytime. Azure offers different solutions including
software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and many tools, frameworks support etc.
For more visit Microsoft Azure.
2. Compare AWS vs Azure vs Google Cloud.
Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are the top cloud providers in the market. But when it comes to selecting which one you should select it becomes a very difficult task. Every cloud provider in this list is offering most of the services like Containerization, Network services, Compute Engine, Database services, Storage, Cloud Security, Network services etc. For detailed comparison visit Azure vs GCP vs AWS and Azure vs AWS vs GCP.
3. What are the commonly used Azure DevOps tools?
4. Explain different Microsoft Azure Cloud storage solutions.
Azure offers various storage services which are highly available, durable, Scalable, Managed, Secure and Accessible from anywhere for data storage scenarios. These storage services include:
6. What are different Compute services by Azure?
5. What is App Service Plan?
Azure App Service Plan provides a set of computing resources required to run your app (Web Apps, Mobile Apps, Web API, etc). App Service Plan
contains many computing resources which are equivalent to server farms in traditional web hosting. Azure also gives an option to run Azure Functions in an App Service
For more visit App Service Plan.
7. Explain Azure Functions.
Azure functions is an event-driven, serverless compute platform to solve complex orchestration problems. Azure functions allow you to write less code without worrying to maintain the Infrastructure and other resources to run your application. Azure Functions help you to save cost as you only pay for while your functions are running. For more you can visit Azure Functions.
8. What is Azure API Management?
9. How to implement rate limiting in API-M?
9. What do you understand about Azure Compute? Give an example of an Azure compute product.
10. What is the difference between Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Factory?
11. What are the Azure messaging services?
For more visit Azure Messaging Services.
11. What is an Event Grid? How does the event grid work?
12. What is the Event Grid topic and domain?
13. What is the difference between Event Grid, Event Hubs and Service Bus?
13. Have you used any of Azure networking services?
For more visit Azure Networking overview.
14. What is Azure DNS?
14. Explain about Azure Route Server.
14. Explain the usage of Azure Virtual WAN.
14. What is Azure VPN Gateway?
14. What is Azure ExpressRoute?
14. What is Virtual Network (VNet) in Azure cloud?
14. What is the Address space?
For more visit VNet concepts.
14. What are the Subnets in Azure cloud?
14. What is the use of Network Security Group in Azure cloud?
15. What is Azure App Service Hybrid Connections? How does it work?
16. What is Azure Traffic Manager?
16. What is Azure Defender?
17. What are inbound and outbound IP addresses in Azure App Service?
18. What are Azure ARM templates?
19. What is Azure Active Directory?
20. What is Azure Key Vault?
Azure Key Vault is a service that tightly controls the access to API keys, passwords, certificates, tokens and secrets. It also manages the
encryption keys used to encrypt your data in the cloud.
Azure key vault comes with two service tiers:
21. What is Azure Data Lake?
22. What are the Microsoft Azure IoT services?
Microsoft Azure comes with many IoT services as below.
23. Explain about Azure Virtual Machines.
24. Explain about Azure Virtual Machine Scale sets.
25. What is Azure Recovery Service Vault?
Azure Recovery Services Vault is a service by Microsoft Azure to perform backup management tasks for various Azure services like IaaS (VMs), Azure workloads, servers etc. A Recovery services vault is a storage unit to hold the copies of data or configuration for VMs. For more you can refer Azure Recovery Services Vault.
26. What is the difference between a snapshot and a backup in Azure?
27. Explain different Azure Storage redundancy options.
For more visit Azure Storage redundancy
29. What is Azure SQL Data Warehouse?
30. What is PolyBase in Azure?
30. How does Data distribution work in Azure Data Warehouse?
30. What is Azure Data Share? How does it work?
30. What is Azure Delta Lake?
30. What is Azure Bastion Host?
30. What is Azure role-based access control (Azure RBAC)?
30. Explain the concepts of domains, DNS zones, DNS records, and record sets in Azure.
30. Explain the concept of Azure Security Center and Azure Defender. What is Microsoft Defender for Cloud?
30. Explain Autoscaling in Azure Cloud. In how many ways an application can be scale?
For more visit Auto-Scaling.
30. How Load Balancer does work in Azure
30. What is the purpose of IAM in Azure?
30. Explain about SLA.
30. How to secure data in Azure?
Azure provides a set of best practices that you should consider while working on data. For more visit Best practices for Data in Azure.
1. How much will you rate yourself in Azure?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Azure, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Azure.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Azure?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Azure in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Azure?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Azure in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Azure?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Azure.
5. Have you done any Azure Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Azure training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Azure Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Azure Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Azure Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Azure questions, we will update the same here.