03/Dec/2020 | 15 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential NoSQL Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these NoSQL questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for NoSQL databases. All mid level of experienced professionals must know answer of these basic and advance questions to clear a NoSQL Database developer interview.
1. What is NoSQL database?
NoSQL DB or non-relational databases store the data differently than relational databases do. NoSQL databases provide high performance and easy scale for large amount
of unstructured and rapidly changing data. A relational data can also be stored in a NoSQL database
but differently than relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL) do.
NoSQL databases has different types (Document DB, Key-value database, Graph database etc) based on data model.
NoSQL database sometimes called as "Not only SQL" or "non-SQL" database can also handle a huge amount of highly structured data means they are not restricted to fixed data models like relational databases.
2. How NoSQL is different from RDBMS?
3. What are the different types of NoSQL Database.
There are 4 most common types of NoSQL databases as below.
4. What is Key-Value store or Key-Value database?
5. What is DocumentDB?
6. What is Column store database?
7. What is Graph Database (GDB)?
8. What are the advantages of NoSQL DB?
9. What are the disadvantages of NoSQL Databases?
10. Explain some features of NoSQL Databases?
11. How to choses correct database between NoSQL and RDBMS?
12. What is Vertical and Horizontal Scaling?
13. What is Database Sharding?
14. How to scale NoSQL database?
15. What is NoSQL - CAP Theorem?
16. What is Polyglot Persistence in NoSQL Space?
17. What do you understand by NoSQL Database Performance Tuning?
18. What are different approaches to query optimization in NoSQL DB?
1. How much will you rate your self in NoSQL?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate your self in specific Technology like NoSQL, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in NoSQL.
2. What challenges did you face while working on NoSQL?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to NoSQL in your Project.
3. What was your role in last Project related to NoSQL?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using NoSQL in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in NoSQL?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on NoSQL.
5. Have you done any NoSQL Certification or Training?
It's depend on candidate like you have done any NoSQL training or certification. Certifications or trainings are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked NoSQL Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential NoSQL Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any NoSQL Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on portal. In case if we find any new NoSQL questions, we will update the same here.