08/Sep/2021 | 15 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Power BI Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Power BI questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Power BI questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for Power BI. You must know the answers of these frequently asked Power BI interview questions to clear an interview for good MNCs like Capgemini, Infosys, Mindtree etc. We have compiled this list of Power BI questions from interview experience of experienced professionals.
1. What is Power BI? Who can use it?
2. Explain different elements of Power BI.
3. What is Power BI Desktop? Explain most common uses of Power BI desktop.
4. What is Power BI Service?
5. Compare the Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.
6. What is DAX? Why is it used?
7. What is the Power Query?
8. What is Power Query M formula language?
9. Explain different levels of filters in Power BI.
10. Explain Object level and Row level security in Power BI.
11. What is the star schema in Power BI? How is it relevant to data models?
12. Explain the architecture of a BI solution.
For more visit BI solution architecture.
13. How will you optimize the reports in Power BI?
14. What is the Merge Queries Operation in Power Query?
15. What is a dataflow? When should we use dataflows?
16. How to refresh a dataflow?
17. How does Power BI desktop work?
18. Explain different views in Power BI Desktop.
19. What data sources does Power BI support for datasets?
20. What is DirectQuery? What are the benefits of using DirectQuery?
21. What are the limitations of DirectQuery?
1. How much will you rate yourself in Power BI?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Power BI, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Power BI.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Power BI?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Power BI in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Power BI?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Power BI in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Power BI?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Power BI.
5. Have you done any Power BI Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Power BI training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Power BI Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Power BI Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Power BI Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Power BI questions, we will update the same here.