26/Sep/2021 | 8 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Python Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Python questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Python questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for Python Programming Language. You must know the answers of these frequently asked Python interview questions to clear the interview. A Data Scientist should know the answers of these Python questions if he is using Python as a programming language.
1. Describe some details about python.
Python stable version is 3.9 and 3.10 is pre-release and 3.11 is in development. Python offers high-level data structures, an effective approach to object-oriented programming and easy to learn, powerful programming language. You can get the Python interpreter and the extensive standard library from the Python website for any platform without any cost. For more visit Python Docs.
2. What is the naming convention for variables and functions in python?
3. How to represent an
Enum in python?
4. How to create a list that contains each line of a file?
You can use a
open() function in python to open a file and return it as a file object.
Here you will see each line of a file.
List = open("filename.txt").readlines()
5. What characters are allowed in function names in python?
6. How will you get the first value in a dictionary in python?
7. How to remove an item from a list while iterating it?
8. How to pass a variable by reference and by value?
9. Why do we use asterisk (*) before name in function definition in python?
10. Explain *args and **kwargs in python.
11. What does
if __name__ == “__main__”: do?
12. How will you call an external command in python?
13. Explain the
14. How to sort a dictionary by value?
15. Explain the word
self in python.
is operator in python.
17. How to iterate over two lists in parallel?
18. What is python ternary operator?
19. Why is the use of
eval a bad practice?
20. How to avoid sharing class data with instances?
metaclass in python.
22. What's the difference between
__repr__ in Python?
23. How to merge two dictionaries in a single expression in python?
24. How to convert a string to datetime?
26. How to remove duplicate values from a list while preserving the order?
27. What is the difference between
28. Explain the use of help() and dir() functions in Python.
29. Which language you will choose from python and r as a Data Scientist?
30. Differentiate Python vs R from a Data Science perspective?
31. How will you differentiate series and dataframe?
32. Explain generators and decorators in Python.
1. How much will you rate yourself in Python?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Python, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Python.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Python?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Python in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Python?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Python in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Python?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Python.
5. Have you done any Python Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Python training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Python Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Python Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Python Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Python questions, we will update the same here.