17/Dec/2020 | 20 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential UiPath Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these UiPath questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for UiPath RPA automation tool. You must know the answers of these frequently asked UiPath questions to clear interview.
1. What is RPA UiPath?
UiPath is a vendor providing a complete platform called UiPath for Robotic Process Automation. UiPath is a tool that does not require any programming knowledge. It is used for
windows desktop automation. RPA UiPath performs the automation for repetitive and redundant tasks without human intervention. RPA UiPath is most popular tool.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Interview Questions
2. How will you achieve Data Scraping in UiPath?
Screen Scraping is the process of capturing the device screen bitmap data and cross check that data against stored information in database to decipher it. UiPath provides a tool called Scraping Wizard to capture structured data that can be easily understand and predict.
3. How many different types of Recording available in UiPath?
UiPath provides 5 types of Recording as below.
4. What is State Machine in UiPath?
State Machine is the concept used in any automation process to store the state information. State Machine use the finite number of states in it's automation. It can go into a
state when it is triggered by any activity and exits from that state after another activity is triggered.
For state machine transitions you can add conditions based on that jump from one state to another occurs, these condition are defined by arrows between states.
5. In UiPath how elements are recognized on screen?
In UiPath elements on the screen are recognized by the attributes of UI elements.
6. Explain the Delay Activity in UiPath.
UiPath comes with the capability of delay activity. It means you can stop or pause the automation for some time. UIPath provides this capability for some projects where you want to get some extra information to process other activity then you can delay the current activity and can resume later.
7. How do you manage packages in UiPath?
UiPath provides a window called Package Manager where you can install new activity packages, libraries, wrappers etc. It also provide the ability to update or remove the existing packages. You can go to Package Manager window via Activity panel.
8. What is the Auto Recording in UiPath?
UiPath comes with the capability of Automatic Recording. It's very useful and saves lot of time as it can easily customized and parameterized. Some below Actions comes with automatic recording feature and generate some activities automatically.
9. What is the difference between Data Scraping and Screen Scraping?
Data Scraping is a technique to extract the structured data from any web or document and save it into database or spreadsheets.
You can perform it using Data Scraping wizard.
Screen Scraping is a technique to extract the structured data from any UI element. You can perform it from Screen Scraping wizard.
10. What are the different type of decision activities in UiPath available?
UiPath provides the following decision activities in a work flow.
11. What are the different types of workflows supported by UiPath Studio?
UiPath supports 4 types of workflows.
12. How to handle the errors and exceptions?
Global Exception Handler is used to determine the project behavior while encountering any exception or error at runtime. This handler accepts two arguments as below.
errorInfo- It's used with
Indirection and stores the information about the error thrown and failed workflow. You can use
ActivityInfoproperty of errorInfo to get the name of activity which threw an exception and can see in output panel.
result- It's second argument with
Outdirection, that's used to determine the next behavior of process in case of exception. You can use
Continue, Ignore, Retry or Abortvalues for result argument.
13. Have you used UiPath Test Suite? Explain it.
UiPath Test Suite combines RPA technology with best testing capability to ensure the quality of every Robotic Process Automation and Application before they are live.
14. How to check for an unassigned string in UiPath?
15. Explain different UiPath components.
16. What versions of UiPath have you worked on?
It's depend on what version of UiPath software you are working on.
17. How to find UiPath Studio Traces?
After enabling Tracing, you can fine trace files in event viewer. In Event Viewer, in Actions tab click "Saved Logs". Browse the generated trace log file and click open. Now you can see all logs here.
18. How to setup logs in UiPath Studio?
19. How to enable OCR Diagnostic Logs?
20. What are the different levels of logging in UiPath?
Level of logging represents the type of severity written in log file. There are many levels of logging in UiPath.
21. What are the different Text recognition activities in UiPath?
21. What are the different Image recognition activities in UiPath?
21. What are the different OCR activities in UiPath?
22. What is Selectors in UiPath Studio?
Selector is used to identify the graphical elements or objects on the screen. Selector is a string of characters. Selector is in XML format and it's one of the properties of UI activities. All graphical element activities has the selector property.
23. Explain Selectors with Wildcards.
Wildcards are used to replace zero or more characters in a string. Selectors with dynamically changing attributes use wildcards.
Question mark (?) is used to replace only single character and Asterisk (*) is used to replace zero or more characters in a string.
24. Explain Full versus Partial Selectors in UiPath.
25. What is Dynamic Selectors in UiPath?
26. What is Fuzzy Search? How Fuzzy Search works?
27. What is RegEx Search? How RegEx Search works?
28. What is Non-Greedy Search? How Non-Greedy Search works?
29. What Case-Sensitive Selectors in UiPath? How Case-Sensitive Selectors work?
30. What is Relative Scraping in UiPath?
31. How to validate a selector in UiPath?
For UiPath Tutorials you can visit UiPath Official Site UiPath Tutorials .
1. How much will you rate your self in UiPath?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate your self in specific Technology like UiPath, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in UiPath.
2. What challenges did you face while working on UiPath?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to UiPath in your Project.
3. What was your role in last Project related to UiPath?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using UiPath in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in UiPath?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on UiPath.
5. Have you done any UiPath Certification or Training?
It's depend on candidate like you have done any UiPath training or certification. Certifications or trainings are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked UiPath Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential UiPath Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any UiPath Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on portal. In case if we find any new UiPath questions, we will update the same here.