1/Sep/2021 | 14 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential UiPath Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these UiPath questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest UiPath questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for UiPath - RPA automation tool. You must know the answers of these frequently asked UiPath questions to clear an interview.
1. What is RPA UiPath?
UiPath is a vendor, Which provides a complete platform called UiPath for
Robotic Process Automation.
UiPath is a tool that does not require any programming knowledge to perform automation tasks and perform the automation of Windows desktop applications.
RPA UiPath performs the automation of repetitive and redundant tasks without human intervention. RPA UiPath is the most popular tool.
2. How will you achieve Data Scraping in UiPath?
Screen Scraping is the process of capturing the device screen bitmap data and cross-checking that data against stored information in a database to decipher it.
UiPath provides a tool called Scraping Wizard to capture structured data and that data can be easily understood and predicted.
You can open the Scraping Wizard tool from the Design Tab, by clicking on Data Scraping button.
3. How many different types of Recordings are available in UiPath Studio?
4. What is a State Machine in UiPath?
State Machine is the concept used in any automation process to store the state information. State Machine uses the finite number of states in it's execution. It can go into a
state when it is triggered by any activity and exits from that state after another activity is triggered.
For state machine transitions you can add conditions based on that jump from one state to another occurs, these conditions are defined by arrows between states. For more about State Machines visit State Machine - UiPath.
5. In UiPath, how are elements recognized on screen?
In UiPath, screen elements are recognized by the attributes of UI elements. You can use
Find Element activity with other multiple
activities. You can find an example of Find Element activity here -
Example - Find Element activity.
6. Explain the Delay Activity in UiPath.
UiPath comes with the capability of delaying activity. It means you can stop or pause the automation for some time. UIPath provides this capability for some projects where you want to get some extra information to process other activity then you can delay the current activity and can resume later.
7. How do you manage packages in UiPath?
UiPath provides a window called Package Manager where you can install new activity packages, libraries, wrappers etc. It also provides the ability to update or remove the existing packages. You can go to the Package Manager window via the Activity panel.
8. What is Auto Recording in UiPath?
UiPath comes with the capability of Automatic Recording. It's very useful and saves a lot of time as it can easily be customized and parameterized. Some actions below come with automatic recording features and generate some activities automatically.
9. What is the difference between Data Scraping and Screen Scraping?
Data Scraping is a technique to extract the structured data from any web or document and save it into a database or spreadsheets.
You can perform it using the Data Scraping wizard.
Screen Scraping is a technique to extract the structured data from any UI element. You can perform it from Screen Scraping wizard.
10. What are the different types of decision activities in UiPath available?
UiPath provides the following decision activities in a work flow.
11. What different types of workflows are supported by UiPath Studio?
UiPath Studio supports 4 types of workflows.
12. How to handle the errors and exceptions?
Global Exception Handler is used to determine the project behavior while encountering any exception or error at runtime. This handler accepts two arguments as below.
errorInfo- It's used with
Indirection and stores the information about the error thrown and failed workflow. You can use
ActivityInfoproperty of errorInfo to get the name of activity which threw an exception and can see in output panel.
result- It's second argument with
Outdirection, that's used to determine the next behavior of process in case of exception. You can use
Continue, Ignore, Retry or Abortvalues for the result argument.
13. Have you used the UiPath Test Suite? Explain it.
UiPath Test Suite combines RPA technology with best testing capability to ensure the quality of every Robotic Process Automation and Application before they are live.
14. How to check for an unassigned string in UiPath?
In C# programming, You can use below code to check for an unassigned, null or empty string.
//To check for null or empty string string.IsNullOrEmpty(yourVariableName)
//To check for null, empty or white space string.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(yourVariableName)
15. Explain UiPath components.
16. What versions of UiPath have you worked on?
It depends on what version of UiPath you are working on. UiPath uses calendar versioning, meaning to use year as a major release label, month for minor release label and patch number (micro). For more about release notes visit - UiPath Release Notes.
17. How to find UiPath Studio Traces?
After enabling Tracing, you can find trace files in the event viewer. In the Event Viewer, in the Actions tab click "Saved Logs". Browse the generated trace log file and click open. Now you can see all the logs here.
18. How to setup logs in UiPath Studio?
The generated file inside the Logs folder on the desktop contains all logs information. For more visit Setup Logs.
msiexec.exe /i "path_of_the_installer" /lv* "path_of_the_log_file" // Example: msiexec.exe /i "%UserProfile%\Downloads\UiPathStudio.msi" /lv* "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Logs\Log.txt"
19. How to enable OCR Diagnostic Logs?
For more visit OCR Diagnostic Logs.
20. What are the different levels of logging in UiPath?
Level of logging represents the type of severity written in the log file. There are many levels of logging in UiPath.
21. What are the different Text recognition activities in UiPath?
21. What are the different Image recognition activities in UiPath?
21. What are the different OCR activities in UiPath?
22. What are Selectors in UiPath Studio?
Selector is used to identify the graphical elements or objects on the screen. Selector is a string of characters. Selector is in XML format and it's one of the properties of UI activities. All graphical element activities have the selector property.
23. Explain Selectors with Wildcards.
Wildcards are used to replace zero or more characters in a string. Selectors with dynamically changing attributes use wildcards.
Question mark (?) is used to replace only a single character and Asterisk (*) is used to replace zero or more characters in a string.
24. Explain Full versus Partial Selectors in UiPath.
25. What are Dynamic Selectors in UiPath?
26. What is Fuzzy Search? How Fuzzy Search works?
27. What is RegEx Search? How does RegEx Search work?
28. What is Non-Greedy Search? How Non-Greedy Search works?
29. What Case-Sensitive Selectors in UiPath? How Case-Sensitive Selectors work?
30. What is Relative Scraping in UiPath?
31. How to validate a selector in UiPath?
For UiPath Tutorials you can visit UiPath Official Site UiPath Tutorials .
1. How much will you rate yourself in UiPath?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like UiPath, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in UiPath.
2. What challenges did you face while working on UiPath?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to UiPath in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to UiPath?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using UiPath in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in UiPath?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on UiPath.
5. Have you done any UiPath Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any UiPath training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked UiPath Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential UiPath Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any UiPath Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new UiPath questions, we will update the same here.