02/Dec/2020 | 15 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Cloud Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Cloud questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Cloud questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These questions are targeted for cloud computing. You must know the answer of these latest and frequently asked questions to clear the interview. These are the common questions for all cloud developers - Microsoft Azure developer, AWS developer, GCP (Google Cloud Platform) developer or any Cloud Engineer.
1. What is Cloud? Explain it.
Cloud is just a storage or retrieval of information over the Internet. In simple terms Cloud refers to the servers, databases and softwares running on these servers, which can be accessed over the Internet. Data centers are used as containers for these servers. Companies and Users do not need to worry about managing their servers themselves.
2. What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing provides the availability of computing resources including software, servers, networking, databases, storage on demand without active management by users. In cloud computing you pay only for your usage that offers low operating cost , running your infrastructure efficiently. Availability of computing resources offers large scalability, flexibility and other benefits.
3. Explain the benefits of Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the on-demand availability of computing resources with full flexibility, scalability and other benefits as below.
4. Explain the components of Cloud Computing Architecture?
There is the requirement of many components and sub components in cloud computing architecture as below.
5. What are the different types of Cloud Deployment?
Every organization or user requires different types of cloud services like cloud models, types and services. Before choosing the first cloud You should determine the Architecture of cloud or type of cloud deployment for the implementation of your services. Cloud services can be deployed in 4 different ways.
6. Explain the Public Cloud deployment model.
Public Cloud services are operated by external vendors called cloud providers which provide you servers, storages, computing resources. Microsoft Azure is the example of Public Cloud that is managed and operated by Microsoft. Public clouds are shared by multiple users or organizations. Multiple companies can use the same virtual machines or servers. Multiple tenants use the same server. It's called the 'Multitenancy' situation.
7. Explain the Private Cloud deployment model.
Private Cloud refers to servers, data centers, computing resources dedicated to a single organization. In private cloud service and resources are maintained over a private Network. Physical location of Private cloud can be a company's own data center. Third party providers can also set up the private cloud for organizations.
8. Explain the Hybrid Cloud deployment model. In what scenarios you will choose hybrid cloud?
Hybrid Cloud is the combination of Public cloud and private cloud. Organizations use public cloud as backup for private clouds or public cloud for some other service and private cloud for some different services. Hybrid cloud provides more deployment options, better flexibility and optimized infrastructure, compliance and security.
9. Explain the Multi Cloud deployment model.
Multi cloud refers to the use of multiple public clouds to take computing resources, servers, and services from multiple public cloud providers.
10. What are the characteristics of cloud computing?
Cloud Computing offers various services for the enterprises to scale up the business with following characteristics.
11. What are the Cloud Computing Service Models?
Cloud computing services are divided into four categories. Sometimes these are called cloud computing service models or cloud computing stack as the name 'stack' suggests these are built on top of one another. Every type has a significant role for your business.
12. Describe the IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service).
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a most basic category of cloud computing services. In this you pay the rent for IT Infrastructure (including
operating systems, storage, servers, virtual machines, networks etc.) to the cloud provider. It's charged basically on a pay-as-you-go basis.
For more follow Learn More about IaaS
13. Explain the Characteristics and advantage of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
14. Describe the PaaS(Platform as a Service).
Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud computing service model delivers computing resources based on demand for developing, testing and managing the system
applications. It makes developers' lives easier to develop mobile or web applications as they do not need to worry about setting up and managing the Infrastructure of virtual machines, operating systems, servers,
For more you can refer Learn more about PaaS
15. Explain the Characteristics and advantage of PaaS (Platform as a Service).
16. Describe the SaaS(Software as a Service).
Software as a Service (SaaS) is a method for delivering the software applications as a service over the network. Software as a Service is delivered based on demand
and subscription. Cloud service providers are responsible for all maintenance like software updates, patch releases , security and underlying Infrastructure. End Users can access the
application over the Internet using PC, tablets and mobiles.
For more you refer Learn more about SaaS
17. Explain the Characteristics and advantage of SaaS (Software as a Service).
18. Describe Serverless computing.
Serverless Computing is overlapped with PaaS, It allows organizations to focus on their application development without managing the IT Infrastructure
for servers, storages, networks etc. The cloud provider works for you here as he has the responsibility to manage the Infrastructure, capacity planning and servers for you.
Serverless architecture is highly scalable. It's based on event driven architecture meaning Resources are utilized only when a specific trigger or function occurs.
For more you can refer Learn more about Serverless computing
19. What is the role of Cloud Computing for large scale IoT solutions?
20. List some top cloud service providers or cloud computing service provider companies in the market?
There are many cloud providers in the market which are providing various computing services.
21. What is a Multi Cloud Model?
22. How will you choose the Right Colocation Provider?
There are certain things that you need to consider while choosing the right colocation provider. For more visit Choose the Right Colocation Provider
23. What is the role of API in cloud services?
24. How Are Data Center and Cloud Computing related?
25. What are the different Data Centers deployed for Cloud Computing?
26. Explain the Principal Cloud Computing Security considerations?
27. Explain the Cloud Computing Security best practices.
28. What is Open Source Cloud Platform. Give some examples.
29. Explain the virtualization in Cloud Computing.
30. What do you understand by Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC)?
31. What is the difference between Mobile Computing and Cloud Computing?
32. Which Platforms are used for Large Scale Cloud Computing?
35. Explain the most common uses of cloud computing.
36. What is Subnet? How it works?
37. What is Load Balancer? How it works?
38. What is CDN? How CDNs work?
39. Explain some quick facts about Cloud.
40. What is the future of Cloud?
41. What is the difference between A record and Cname record?
42. What is the difference between Application Load balancer and classic Load balancer?
43. How will you manage Public and Private Cloud?
44. What is Elastic Cloud Computing?
45. Explain private and public IP.
46. How does DNS work?
47. What do you understand by reliability of any cloud service like Azure Storage Queue?
1. How much will you rate yourself in Cloud?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Cloud, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Cloud.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Cloud?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Cloud in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Cloud?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Cloud in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Cloud?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Cloud.
5. Have you done any Cloud Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Cloud training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Cloud Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Cloud Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Cloud Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Cloud questions, we will update the same here.