09/June/2021 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Node.js Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Node.js questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Node.js questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for Node.js for MEAN stack developers. You must know the answers of these frequently asked Node.js interview questions to clear an interview.
1. What is Node.js?
3. What is latest version of Node.js?
4. What is the purpose of
package.json file in Node.js?
6. What are the benefits of Node.js?
7. What is REPL in Node or Node.js?
8. What is Event-Driven Programming?
9. What is Event Loop in Node.js?
10. What is Event Emitter?
11. How to handle Events?
12. How does Node Application work?
13. Why is Node application Single threaded?
14. Is Node.js free or open-source?
15. What is the difference between global installation and local installation of dependencies?
16. What is
17. Explain Asynchronous programming, Blocking and Non-blocking?
18. What is callback in Node?
19. What is callback hell? How to prevent it?
20. What is the purpose of
22. How to update dependencies via npm?
23. Explain Buffer class in Node.
24. How to un-install a dependency via
25. How to get a sub-buffer of Buffer? Or What is Slice Buffer?
26. How will you concatenate two buffers?
27. How Node.js handle concurrency?
28. Explain different types of stream in Node.js?
29. Explain the Piping and Chaining?
30. How to implement security mechanism in Node.js?
1. How much will you rate yourself in Node.js?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Node.js, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Node.js.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Node.js?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Node.js in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Node.js?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Node.js in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Node.js?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Node.js.
5. Have you done any Node.js Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Node.js training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Node.js Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Node.js Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Node.js Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Node.js questions, we will update the same here.