02/Dec/2020 | 15 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential GCP (Google Cloud Platform) Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these GCP (Google Cloud Platform) questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest GCP (Google Cloud Platform) questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
All questions are targeted for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) developer. We have a separate document for Common Cloud Computing interview questions. You must know the answers of these frequently asked GCP questions to clear the Google Cloud Developer or Sales interview.
1. What is GCP (Google Cloud Platform)?
GCP (Google Cloud Platform) is a cloud platform managed by Google. It is a suite of Compute, Storage, Virtual Machine, Networking, Big Data, Machine Learning, Databases and Management services and many more. All these services run on the same infrastructure of Google that Google uses for it's end user products like Gmail, YouTube and Google Search.
2. List some Google Cloud Products.
There are some featured products of Google Cloud as below.
3. List some commonly used Google Cloud Services.
Below are the services of GCP which are commonly used.
4. What are the different computing and hosting services?
Google Cloud Platform provides many computing and hosting services as per your requirement.
4. Compare Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and AWS.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are the top cloud providers in the market. But when it comes deciding which one you should use it becomes very difficult. Every cloud provider in this list is offering most of the services like Compute Engine, Containerization, Storage, Database services, Cloud Security, Network services etc. For detailed comparison visit GCP vs AWS vs Azure and AWS vs Azure vs GCP Comparison.
5. List some Database services by GCP.
There are many Google cloud database services which help many enterprises to manage their data.
6. What are the Google Cloud storage services?
Google Cloud storage provides many services for your business which are running on Google Cloud's infrastructure.
7. What are the different Network services by GCP?
Google Cloud provides many Networking services and technologies that make it easy to scale and manage your network.
8. List some Data Analytics services by GCP.
Google Cloud offers various Data Analytics services.
9. What are the AI and Machine learning services offered by GCP?
10. What are the benefits of GCP?
11. What is a Compute Engine?
12. What are Preemptible VMs?
13. What is Google App Engine or GCP App Engine?
Google App Engine also known as GCP App Engine is a serverless platform that provides the capability to run your code directly and ensures the availability of
your application. Google manages the servers and other infrastructure for you. GCP App Engine is responsible for providing all built-in services and APIs as traffic to your site grows so you
only pay for the resources you use.
App Engine sometimes referred to as GAE is a Platform as a Service platform to build scalable web applications in Google managed data centers. It provides integration to different development tools like Jenkins, Eclipse, Git, IntelliJ, Maven to build your applications without changing your workflow.
For More and Google App Engine Pricing refer Google App Engine
14. What are Shielded VMs?
15. Explain Bare Metal Solution?
16. Explain Cloud GPUs.
17. How to migrate servers and VMs from on-premises or another cloud to Compute Engine on GCP?
Google provides a cloud software Cloud Migrate for Compute Engine that is used to migrate the VMs from on-premises data centers, Azure and AWS into Compute Engine. This software comes with no additional cost.
18. Explain Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
19. Explain Artifact registry.
20. What is Cloud Build?
21. What is Container Registry?
22. What is Batch on GKE software.
23. How to change the project in GCP using CLI commands?
24. Differentiate GCP service and GCP resources.
25. Differentiate between resource and endpoint in GCP.
26. Differentiate between Google Cloud Dataflow and Google Cloud Dataproc.
27. Differentiate between
gcloud auth application-default login and
gcloud auth login.
28. Differentiate between Network and HTTP(s) load balancer in GCP.
29. Differentiate Google App Engine and Google Compute Engine
30. How Load balancing works in GCP?
31. How Scaling works in Google Cloud Platform?
32. What is the use of Instance templates?
33. What is the use of Instance groups? How many type of instance groups Compute Engine offers?
34. What is the Machine images? When to use it?
35. Explain Sole-tenant nodes?
36. List some Quick Facts about GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
37. What is the future of GCP (Google Cloud Platform)?
1. How much will you rate yourself in GCP (Google Cloud Platform)?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like GCP (Google Cloud Platform), So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
2. What challenges did you face while working on GCP (Google Cloud Platform)?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to GCP (Google Cloud Platform) in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to GCP (Google Cloud Platform)?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using GCP (Google Cloud Platform) in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in GCP (Google Cloud Platform)?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
5. Have you done any GCP (Google Cloud Platform) Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any GCP (Google Cloud Platform) training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked GCP (Google Cloud Platform) Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential GCP (Google Cloud Platform) Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any GCP (Google Cloud Platform) Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new GCP (Google Cloud Platform) questions, we will update the same here.