20/Oct/2020 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Jenkins Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Jenkins questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest Jenkins questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These questions are targeted for Jenkins tool used by DevOps Engineers and Developers. You mus know the answers of these frequently asked Jenkins questions to clear a interview.
1. What is Jenkins?
Jenkins is an open-source and free automation server that provides the automation of software related tasks like Build, Test and Delivery. Jenkins is self-contained application which facilitates continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD Pipelines). Jenkins is a most widely adopted DevOps tool.
2. Explain Jenkins file.
3. How to setup build jobs in Jenkins?
4. How to build CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins?
5. What benefits Jenkins provide?
6. How does Jenkins work?
7. Is Jenkins free and open-source?
8. How to run Jenkins on different port rather than 8080?
9. How to change port in Jenkins when default port 8080 is being used?
10. What is Stapler Framework?
11. How Jenkins use Stapler framework?
12. Explain Jenkins Master-Slave architecture.
13. How to configure Plugins in Jenkins?
14. List some commonly used Jenkins Plugins.
15. What problems do Jenkins solve?
16. How to implement security in Jenkins?
17. How to schedule jobs in Jenkins?
18. How to configure Jenkins to detect code repository changes and trigger a job?
19. Explain meaning of H/5 in cron Jenkins
20. How to configure cron job to run every 15 minutes on Jenkins?
21. How to schedule Selenium WebDriver script execution in Jenkins?
22. How to set job timeout using Jenkins DSL?
1. How much will you rate yourself in Jenkins?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like Jenkins, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Jenkins.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Jenkins?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Jenkins in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to Jenkins?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Jenkins in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Jenkins?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Jenkins.
5. Have you done any Jenkins Certification or Training?
It depends on the candidate whether you have done any Jenkins training or certification. Certifications or training are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Jenkins Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Jenkins Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Jenkins Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new Jenkins questions, we will update the same here.