| 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Networking Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Networking questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These interview questions are targeted for a Network Engineer. You must know the answers of these basic and advanced Networking questions to clear a Job interview. This list includes questions for different topics like Network Security, Troubleshooting, Computer Networks, Network Support etc.
1. What is LAN?
2. What is WAN?
3. What is MAN.
4. What is the use of Router?
5. What is Bridge? How does bridge work?
6. What is Hub in Networking?
7. What is Switch?
8. What is Gateway? How does Gateway work?
9. What is the use of Brouter?
10. What is DNS (Domain Name System)?
11. Explain OSI model and OSI 7 Layers.
12. What is TCP/IP? How does it work?
13. What is BGP? How to configure it?
14. Explain Network Architecture or Communication Architecture?
15. Explain GSM in detail.
16. What is Fault Management.
17. What is RAN (Radio access network)?
18. What is LTE? What is LTE used for?
19. What is DHCP? How it works?
20. What is DNS zones?
21. What is the difference between IP helper and DHCP helper?
22. What is the difference between segments, packets and frames? Explain all of them.
23. What is the difference between unicast, multicast and broadcast?
24. What type of message router sends unicast or broadcast?
25. How to check a IP with command on a machine?
26. What is DORA process in DHCP?
DORA is a DHCP client-to-server communication process which consists of following steps as below.
27. What is the difference between TCP and UDP?
28. What is VPN?
29. What is STP?
1. How much will you rate your self in Networking?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate your self in specific Technology like Networking, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Networking.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Networking?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Networking in your Project.
3. What was your role in last Project related to Networking?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Networking in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Networking?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Networking.
5. Have you done any Networking Certification or Training?
It's depend on candidate like you have done any Networking training or certification. Certifications or trainings are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Networking Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Networking Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Networking Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on portal. In case if we find any new Networking questions, we will update the same here.