12/Oct/2021 | 12 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential MicroServices Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these MicroServices questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These basic, advanced and latest MicroServices questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These questions are targeted for MicroServices Architecture. You must know the answers of these frequently asked MicroServices interview questions to clear the interview. You will find many questions related to DDD (Domain-Driven Design). MicroServices are technology agnostics so these interview answers apply to Spring Boot MicroServices, .Net MicroServices, Node.js MicroServices, Java MicroServices or any other MicroService Architecture. These questions and answers will help you to clear an interview for Java Developer .Net Developer, Software Architect or any other.
1. What is MicroServices? Explain MicroServices Architecture?
2. What are the Characteristics of a MicroService Architecture?
3. What do you understand about Decoupling in MicroServices?
4. What do you understand about Autonomous of a MicroService?
A MicroService is independent of other services, easier to deploy, maintain and can be developed by a small team or one member. If anything goes wrong with a MicroService it does not cause system failures since the MicroServices are autonomous.
4. What do you understand about the Cohesive of a MicroService?
MicroServices have a tendency to be as cohesive as possible. Cohesion is the way to identify how to group related functionalities if they are part of the same domain and how to break apart or delegate to different MicroService if the functionality belongs to a different domain boundary. A high cohesive MicroService follows a single responsibility principle as It implements or group relation functionality and independent functionality is developed by other MicroService. For more visit Identify domain model boundaries and MicroServices Properties.
5. What is Bounded Context?
Bounded Context is a pattern that is used in DDD - Domain-Driven Design. It's a part of DDD and deals with large domain models. Domain model is an object model which incorporates both data and behavior. DDD deals with these large domain models by dividing them into Bounded contexts. In other words, One MicroService is implemented for one bounded context or one domain model. For more visit - BoundedContext.
6. What is Domain-Driven Design? Or MicroService is DDD specific?
DDD (Domain-Driven Design) means - design an application based on models of underlying domain. A model consists of both data
and behavior of the domain. MicroServices are DDD specific, means - One service is responsible for the implementation of one domain-model.
For example, there are two domain models Sales and Support then DDD will deal with this situation by dividing these models into two bounded contexts. Hence you need two explicitly interconnected MicroServices for these two different bounded contexts.
7. MicroServices are technology agnostic. Explain it.
In MicroServices architecture, services use the technology agnostic protocols such as HTTP to communicate over the network. MicroServices can be developed using any tech stack such as Java, .NET, Node.js, any hardware or software which best fits to the requirement.
8. What are the benefits of MicroServices?
MicroServices Architecture offers many benefits because of its characteristics.
9. What do you understand about Resiliency in MicroService Architecture?
Resiliency refers to the ability of a service to recover from failures and continue to function in previous state. It does not mean to
avoid the failures but accepting the fact that failures are certain in Cloud based applications and responding to them in a way that there should be minimal data loss and
downtime. The Primary goal of resiliency is that a system or application should return to a fully functioning state after a failure.
You should design your systems to be resilient to partial failures like Network outage, VMs crashes which will certainly occur eventually. For more visit Resiliency in MicroServices.
10. What are key Principles of MicroServices?
We have already explained key Characteristics of a MicroService Architecture in question number 2, please go through with that.
Additionally, MicroService design has IDEALS Principles similar to Object oriented design has SOLID principles.
11. What are the key characteristics of MicroService?
12. What do you understand by Partitioning?
13. Explain Domain Partitioning?
14. What do you understand about isolation and Autonomous for MicroService?
15. What things do you need to keep in mind in MicroServices Architecture?
16. Shall we split our business logic and CRUD operations into separate micro services to make the crud services generic in nature ?
17. How to avoid maintenance overhead if we have to deploy independent environments for thousands of clients with the help of MicroServices?
18. Often there exists data that needs to be shared among MicroServices. How do we tackle this apart from replicating that entire dataset to each service?
19. How to take care of essential requirement changes in MicroServices?
20. How to upgrade a Service?
21. Differentiate Monoliths vs MicroServices.
22. How to ensure Authentication and Authorization in different MicroServices?
23. How does Client‑Side Discovery Pattern work?
24. How to design a MicroServices Architecture for Failure?
25. How will you monitor a MicroService?
26. What is the role of Domain understanding in MicroService?
27. Develop MicroService with .NET
It's a YouTube video explaining how to develop MicroService with .NET Build Your First Microservice with .NET
1. How much will you rate yourself in MicroServices?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate yourself in a specific Technology like MicroServices, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in MicroServices.
2. What challenges did you face while working on MicroServices?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to MicroServices in your Project.
3. What was your role in the last Project related to MicroServices?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using MicroServices in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in MicroServices?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on MicroServices.
We have covered some frequently asked MicroServices Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential MicroServices Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any MicroServices Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on the portal. In case we find any new MicroServices questions, we will update the same here.