20/Oct/2020 | 10 minutes to read
Here is a List of essential Git Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers and mid level of Experienced Professionals. All answers for these Git questions are explained in a simple and easiest way. These questions will help you to clear your next Job interview.
These Git interview questions are targeted for Developers and DevOps engineers who maintain their code on repositories and work in a team. Interviewers may ask you these questions a part of development and deployment process.
1. Explain Version Control System (VCS). How it is different from DVCS Distributed VCS?
2. What is the Git?
3. Explain the hook file in git.
4. How to resolve git conflicts?
5. What is the difference between Git, GitHub and GitLab?
6. What is the difference between git Fetch and Pull?
7. How to use git Rebase to resolve to conflicts in a feature branch before merge?
8. Explain git Commit and Push.
9. What is the use of Stage changes?
10. In how many ways you can perform commit operation?
11. How to use git squash?
12. What is the difference between rebase and merge?
13. How to recover a deleted branch in Git Repo?
14. How many commands you know in Git?
15. What is the repository?
16. How to exclude some files from Git commit?
17. What is the use of gitignore file?
1. How much will you rate your self in Git?
When you attend an interview, Interviewer may ask you to rate your self in specific Technology like Git, So It's depend on your knowledge and work experience in Git.
2. What challenges did you face while working on Git?
This question may be specific to your technology and completely depends on your past work experience. So you need to just explain the challenges you faced related to Git in your Project.
3. What was your role in last Project related to Git?
It's based on your role and responsibilities assigned to you and what functionality you implemented using Git in your project. This question is generally asked in every interview.
4. How much experience do you have in Git?
Here you can tell about your overall work experience on Git.
5. Have you done any Git Certification or Training?
It's depend on candidate like you have done any Git training or certification. Certifications or trainings are not essential but good to have.
We have covered some frequently asked Git Interview Questions and Answers to help you for your Interview. All these Essential Git Interview Questions are targeted for mid level of experienced Professionals and freshers.
While attending any Git Interview if you face any difficulty to answer any question please write to us at email@example.com. Our IT Expert team will find the best answer and will update on portal. In case if we find any new Git questions, we will update the same here.